The platform provides is a framework for protocol adaptation that is designed for high-scale, 2-way device communication with the IoT/M2M Platform. The Connection gateway is an intelligent handler of the device data and not just a pass-through or dumb proxy. It is one of the core modules of the IoT/M2M platform and has the following properties-
- Data exchanged between the device and the application is fully dependent on the application and independent from the platform or the underlying transport network.
- It provides a data access point between 3rd party applications developers and the devices in a secured and scalable manner.
- It provides capabilities for M2M applications developers and 3rd parties to have control and direct access to the devices to SEND and RECEIVE DATA, through a set of standard interfaces.
- Data exchanged shall include: Device Originating, Device Terminating, IP and SMS messages in a Store and forward model, delivery confirmation (when available) and query messages.
- It provides interface for the data to the Application Management layer for specific business logic application and data enrichment and/or transfer towards 3rd party platform
Traffic Management provides the below functionality
- Protocol Adapter
- Connection Security Management
- Workflow Management
- Message Handling
- Queue Management