Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) technology is unique to GSM. It is a capability built into the GSM standard for support of transmitting information over the signaling channels of the GSM network. The 6d’s USSD Platform Offers a wide range of Off-the-shelf USSD-based services allowing the end customer to easily manage self-care interactions through USSD menu-based user interface with no intervention of customer care.
Generic features using USSD
- Dynamic Menu management through simple GUI
- Push / Pull based notification generation through USSD gateway
- Session Cache & Resumption – Time & Resource-bounded
- SMS Direct-USSD based request and response through SMS
- Self-care and Provisioning module with workflow manager managing various USSD based services like call back, Post call notification, Televoting.
- Faster response times
- Easy to navigate, no need to remember any keywords & URLs.
- Real-time and instant messaging service capability
- Support menu-based applications facilitating more user interactions
- Cost-effective and flexible mechanism for offering various interactive mobile services to a wide subscriber base
- Control of the operator’s USSD traffic